The Certified Interpretive Guide program is designed for anyone who delivers interpretive programs to the public. It combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors.
This 32-hour course includes:
- history, definition, and principles of interpretation
- making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- presentation and communication skills
- certification requirements (optional)
Dates: March 14-17, 2017 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Location: Burr Oak Woods Nature Center, Blue Springs, Missouri
Cost: $45 for course instruction, workbook and materials (does not include certification)
Certification Cost: $195, includes 1 year complimentary National Association of Interpretation membership (includes workshop cost $45 plus $150 certification cost)
Sign-Up: Wendy Parrett (816) 759-7305 ext. 1133 or Wendy.Parrett@mdc.mo.gov
The CIG certification will also be offered as part of the Missouri State Park’s Spring Interpretive Training School being held at Cuivre River State Park May 21-24, 2017. Anyone interested should contact Kendra Swee for more information. Kendra.firstname.lastname@example.org